"Not relying on others for aid or support; capable of acting for oneself or on one's own; not depending on another for its value"I have a HUGE problem with independent women... No, lemme rephrase that... I have an issue with UBER independent women... The "I don't need a man for shit" woman... The "I can do bad by myself" woman... The "I watch too many Tyler Perry movies/plays" woman... Need more examples, read a Terry McMillan book or listen to Beyonce... Don't get me wrong, it's great that you can pay your own bills, buy your own car and make your own moves without any outside contribution... However, it can become a curse when you're in a relationship... I've noticed the self-sustaining woman can be unwilling to accept a man courting them... Their walls are built so high they can't process the notion of a man actually wanting something more than sex or money... The independent woman loses the ability to compromise... Their inability to allow a man to play the "man" hinders her from long-term commitments...
I'll never expect or ask for any woman (or man) to settle for less than they deserve... Just know you have to find a happy medium... For you, Miss Independent Woman, that means let him pay sometimes... Let him tell you how he wants "it"... Let him order you a drink... SHIT... Stop emasculating your man before you become the lonely, independent cat lady...
1 comments:
*Le Hear Hear* --Mariland
Post a Comment