BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

6.08.2009

Option 1 or Option 2

UGK - "TWO TYPES OF B****ES"


"Cause you got b____ that will and you got b____ that won't.. Man you got b____ that do and b____ that don't.. Man you got b____ that can and you got b____ that can't.. You got b____ that know they are and b____ know that they ain't.. No down b____.."

Vulgar, yes I know.. But I love UGK and I love this song.. UGK is known for their gangsta, "pimpalicious" rhymes but at times they hit you with introspective and deep lyrics.. This particular song may sound like all other UGK tracks, but I get something different from it..

First things first.. The word "bitch" is often considered a derogatory term towards women.. But it is also used in a more favorable way when spoken amongst some women.. I must admit, I am guilty of the latter.. At times I do refer to my circle of females as "my b____".. In this instance I don't mean it in a disparaging way.. From the outside looking in, it can be viewed as a sign of stupidity and lack of respect of self & others.. But when it comes to this song, the term "bitch" plays into both views of the word.. I grasped two things from the song: a) there are go-getters and bystanders and b) which catergory I fall into.. You have women who have the desire, ambition, and drive to go out and "get theirs".. They use what they have to their advantage.. they use their mind, not their bodies.. The go-getters will go to great lengths to provide for themselves and their family.. They treat themselves and others with respect.. The bystanders either watch the go-getters "do what they do" OR they undermine the go-getters.. They use their bodies, conniving tricks and lies to get ahead.. Now don't get me wrong.. Every woman has used her body or looks to get something.. Ladies, the free drinks at the club counts.. the complimentary mani's and pedi's count as well.. Even your quarter pounder with cheese counts.. But the bystanders are like flies on s***.. They'll try to hook your man, sleep with the boss to get that position, or spread lies about you because they want what you have.. They're like roaches, you can't kill just one..

I KNOW what catergory I fall into.. And trust its not #2.. I'm a go-getter, mover and shaker, dynamo, kid whiz, etc.. There's no need to wonder about it.. I'm "down" for my family (and friends) and willing, ready, and able to go to Mars and back for them.. Have my looks or maybe even my slim, trim figure gotten me a free drink (or two)?? Yes, I'd be lying if I said otherwise.. But I didn't welcome them into my "heart-shaped box" for it either.. The saying goes "closed legs don't get fed".. But guess what?? YA GIRL IS GETTING THICK WITHOUT GETTING STICKED..

Now put that in ya pipe in smoke it..

0 comments: