BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

6.14.2009

Vogue

GREEN DAY - "FASHION VICTIM'

"He's a victim of his own time.. In his vintage suit and tie.. He's casualty dressed to the teeth.. In the latest genocide.. The new seasons come and go.. At the dog and pony show.. Gonna sit and beg and fetch the names.. And he'll follow your dress code.. WHAT'S IN A NAME?? HEY!! She's a scented magazine.. Looking sharp and livin' clean.. Living well and dressed to kill.. But she looks like hell to me.. So hen you're dancing through your wardrobe.. Do the anorex-a go-go.. Cloaked with style.. For your pedophiles as your credit card explodes.. You auctioned off your life.. For the most expensive price.. Going once.. Going twice.. It's gone..

WHAT'S IN A NAME?? HEY!!"



I look at the fashion industry as a creative art.. I think it is one of the best ways to express oneself.. However, I dislike the pressure it puts on the consumers.. They put so much stress on this label, that label.. What's hot and what's not.. The new trend of the week, month, season, etc.. Now don't get me wrong.. I would love to be able to drop "stacks" at Gucci, Louis Vuitton or Chanel.. But my funds would not allow it.. My common sense would not allow it.. Why, on God's green earth, would I spend hundreds of dollars on a pair of shoes when I don't have a car?? Why would I spend thousands of dollars on an outfit when I don't have my own humble abode?? Why would I spend my hard earned dollars when I'm in debt?? It defies logic.. You shouldn't live by other people's standards anyway.. The fashion industry can cause you to alter the way you look at yourself.. It sometimes pressures women to be skinnier, thicker, less tan, more tan.. It can change the way a man looks at himself.. It can pressure him to work out (which may not be a bad thing), get a tan, spike their hair, shave (LOL).. But fashion should not dictate your lifestyle, personality, or perception of self.. It should enhance your inner and outer beauty.. Be a trendsetter.. Be a trailblazer..

0 comments: